2017 Legislation Passed in California
AB 7 – Long Gun Open Carry.
AB 785 – Disarm Hate Act.
AB 1525 – Firearm Information Act.
AB 424 – No Concealed Carry on K–12 School Grounds.
DETAILS OF EACH BILL TO FOLLOW HERE:
By artistlauralynch on January 18, 2018
By artistlauralynch on November 8, 2017
THE TIME TO ACT IS NOW!
CALL CONGRESS TODAY!
TELL THEM TO SUPPORT THESE BILLS:
1) H.R. 1565 & S. 2009: Universal Background Checks
2) S. 150: Comprehensive Assault Weapon Ban
3) H.R. 3947: Ban on Bumper Stocks
4) H.R. 4052: Ban on Large Capacity Magazines
5) H.R. 2598: Gun Violence Restraining Order
TELL THEM TO OPPOSE THESE BILLS:
1) H.R. 3668: SHARE ACT LEGALIZING GUN SILENCERS
2) H.R. 38: CONCEALED CARRY RECIPROCITY ACT 2017
• CALL Senator Dianne Feinstein (202) 224-3841 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• CALL Senator Kamala D. Harris (202) 224-3553 Sacramento: 916 448-2787 • Email: https://www.harris.senate.gov/
• CALL State Senator Hannah-Beth Jackson (805) 965-0862 • Email: email@example.com
• CALL Assemblymember Limón Sacramento: (916) 319-2037 Santa Barbara: (805) 564-1649 • Email: Assemblymember.Limon@assembly.
• CALL Congressman Salud Carbajal D.C. (202) 225-3601 Santa Barbara: (805) 730-1710 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CAGV thanks you for your continued support and dedication to an America free of gun violence.
By artistlauralynch on October 12, 2017
The American gun control debate has stretched beyond the country’s borders, with comedians from the Netherlands adding to the debate. A video produced for a comedian’s show there has gone viral, and could actually provide some good arguments for the conversation here at home. Arjen Lubach created an NRA – “Nonsensical Rifle Addiction” – PSA that explains exactly how ludicrous the country’s gun laws seem to people overseas. The video, by Arjen Lubach of Zondag met Lubach (“Sunday with Lubach”) can be seen here: DUTCH NRA SPOOF
By artistlauralynch on October 3, 2017
A MESSAGE FROM Salud Carbajal, U.S. Congressman: “Like all of you, my thoughts and prayers are with the individuals and families, including members of our own community, who were affected by the deadly tragedy in Las Vegas. Too many innocent lives were ended too soon and my heart goes out to the victims and their loved ones.
“But I also realize that while thoughts and prayers may offer comfort, they don’t provide the solutions we need to put a stop to gun violence in our country. We must come together as a nation and work to find common sense solutions to end all gun violence.
“The time to act is now, and I will continue the fight to find common sense solutions to curb the gun violence epidemic our country is facing. Thank you for standing with me.”
Sincerely, U.S. Congressman Salud Carbajal
By artistlauralynch on May 13, 2017
DETAILS HERE: http://sbcoalition.org/2017/07/cagv-sponsors-3rd-annual-community-wide-gun-buyback-saturday-june-10-2017/
Gun Buybacks are an effective way to remove unwanted guns from our community. Some of the funds raised for the 2017 Gun BuyBack will go to the 2018 Gun Buyback Event. Why would someone have a gun that they no longer want? Perhaps they inherited the gun or no longer use or want the gun in their home.
Additionally, many people’s circumstances change over time so they may now wish to remove firearm access from: children or other family members; elderly with dementia; individuals with mental illness; those at risk of suicide; volatile, hot-headed individuals (teenagers with poor judgment); and people involved in emotional conflicts (abuse, relationship break-ups).